2002 Ogmore by-election
Ogmore parliamentary seat
|Turnout||58.2% ( 14.8%)|
The by-election to fill the seat was held on 14 February 2002. Labour faced no realistic challenge in this very safe seat and retained it easily, with only Plaid Cymru making progress from their 2001 result. The Socialist Labour Party, who had not previously stood, achieved a good result for a minor party and retained their deposit.
|Plaid Cymru||Angela Pulman||4,259||14.0||+7.0|
|Liberal Democrats||Ian Lewis||3,878||12.8||+3.6|
|Plaid Cymru||Bleddyn Hancock||3,827||20.8||+6.8|
|Liberal Democrats||Veronica Watkins||1,608||8.8||−4.0|
|Socialist Labour||Christopher Herriot||1,152||6.3||N/A|
|Socialist Alliance||Jeffrey Hurford||205||1.1||N/A|
|Monster Raving Loony||Leslie Edwards||187||1.0||N/A|
|New Millennium Bean Party||Captain Beany||122||0.7||N/A|
- 1931 Ogmore by-election
- 1946 Ogmore by-election
- 2016 Ogmore by-election
- Ogmore constituency
- List of United Kingdom by-elections
- United Kingdom by-election records
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "BBC NEWS > Ogmore". Vote 2001. BBC News. 7 June 2001. Retrieved 5 April 2020.
- Boothroyd, David. "Results of Byelections in the 2001-05 Parliament". United Kingdom Election Results. Retrieved 14 February 2020.